CS 4773 Object Oriented Systems
This course is concerned with the principles and implementation of
reliable and reusable software using the object-oriented paradigm
with design patterns and UML (unified modeling language).
A working knowledge of object-oriented programming is assumed.
- Basic object-oriented concepts: object, class, method, field, package,
instance, instantiation, constructor, inheritance, static modifier, abstract class,
derived class, subclass, superclass, polymorphism
- UML (Unified Modeling Language) and patterns: basic UML notation, class diagrams, interaction diagrams, state diagrams,
introduction to basic design patterns
- User interfaces: basics of user interface design, event handling, Java Swing
- Use cases and design: basics of design from problem statements
- Advanced programming concepts: threads, network communication, XML and database access
- Component technology: Java beans and design
- Designing with patterns: detailed look at design with a class project
Last revision: January 6, 2004 at 3:00 pm