CS 1713 Introduction to Computer Science, Spring 2011 Project 2 Comments
This project was graded on a basis of 20 points.
Approximate grading for each past was as follows:
Part 1: 3 points
Part 2: 4 points
Part 3: 6 points
Part 4: 4 points
Part 5: 2 points
Part 6: 1 point
You can find a completed solution with Project 3.
- You were supposed to include a statement indicating which parts of
the project were working. There was a penalty for indicating that
something was working when it was clearly not.
- You should look at the output you generate to make sure it make sense.
The following output line should be an indication of a problem:
Mar 19: Low 65 High 80 Predicted Lows: 55 80 57 84 ...
- You should check by hand that at least some of the values in the
final output agree with the input.
- If you catch an exception in the main program, for example if
you cannot find a file, the program should exit, and not try to
process the contents of the file.
- Do not have main throw an exception. This is not handling the
error, it is ignoring it.
- The method: createFromDescriptor should be in
TemperaturePrediction not TemperaturePredictionList.
- Do not use absolute path names for file. Use relative ones the the
program can be run on other machines.