CS 1713 Introduction to Computer Science, Spring 2011 Exam 3 Comments
The exam average was 55.
The grade distribution was as folows:
below 40: 10
If you got below a 50 on this exam, you need to take serious action.
If you got below 40 on this exam, you should seriously consider dropping the course.
Some comments on particular problems:
- If you were not able to do these problems, you should think about what will change when you take the final exam.
- If you were not able to do this problem, you should think about what will change when you take the final exam.
- You were told you would get a problem like this on the exam.
- We did problems like this in class.
- This is similar to problem 8 of Recitation 9.
- You did something similar to this on Project 2. You just had to deal with the extra spaces,
which could be handled with trim.
- The point of this problem was for you to figure out how to return two primitive values.
- You should start this one by comparing the sizes of the lists. If they are not the
same then the lists are not identical. Many people had trouble with the logic.
- This was almost the same is the one done in class on the Tuesday before the exam.
- Do not skip steps. Your answers should contain exactly 7 lines each.