CS 1713 Introduction to Computer Science, Spring 2011 Exam 1 Comments
The exam average was 71 and the median was 75.
If you got below a 70 on this exam, you might not be prepared for this course.
If you got below a 60 on this exam, you are not prepared to continue with this course and you must see me.
Some comments on particular problems:
- In this problem you did not need to go into detail about each line of
code. The important information is:
- It creates an array of double of size n
- Each element of the array is set to x
- The array is returned
- For the last part, it does not work to have index = index++;
- You should create the Random object outside the loop and reuse it.
- The parameter should be an int and it should return an int
- The parameter is a String and you should use charAt.
- Most did not handle the case of length 0 at all.
In this case only the brackets should be printed.
- This code segment should always print two messages.
The first is the prompt and the second is a statement about the
- Be careful not to add the negative value to the sum.
- Watch out for which operations produce integers and which produce numbers
with a fractional part.